For your customer-interacting roles (particularly those off-shore) who interact with your customers (including program, delivery and project managers, pre-sales teams and operations teams), a lack of customer perspective is a major roadblock. This often leads to misunderstanding, scope issues, delivery delays, cost overruns, etc., ultimately lowering delivered value and up-selling opportunities.
“I can now contribute to the client’s strategic business discussions.”
– Understand the rationale behind client decisions
– Understand the pressures and levers of various client roles
– Holistic business perspective to mature as customer advisors
– Imperative to work cross-functionally to uncover additional value
– Financial acumen and leveraging MIS for meaningful customer conversations